Alas not a review as such, due to the unremitting crapness of public transport in the UK. Basically the last direct train back to Merseyside from Manchester is at 10.15. Actually there is another one at 11.30 but when that arrives back in Liverpool at 12.40 all connecting trains are no longer running- meaning a taxi which normally costs an arm, a leg and possibly a kidney-and that’s if the taxi driver can be arsed going through the Mersey Tunnel. So much for the 24 hour society. We missed Dum Dum Girls last year so we were looking forward to this gig, but alas the girls didn’t get on stage until 9.45 meaning sadly, we only managed to catch 3 songs. This was all rather disappointing as it looked like it was shaping up to be a great gig. We did however grab a video and some photos.
We met Dee Dee’s dad who they’ve taken on tour and who is THE man! He’s still waiting for that leather tour jacket they promised him to help him ‘fit in’ though. :) – Let’s hope he’s keeps a tour diary!
‘Wrong Feels Right’ Dum Dum Girls.
- Songs To Learn and Sing – Dum Dum Girls – He Gets Me High. (vonpipmusicalexpress.wordpress.com)
- Shooting From The Hip Interview with Dee-Dee Dum-Dum (vonpipmusicalexpress.wordpress.com)
- Band of the Week: The Dum Dum Girls (klyam.com)
- The Barometer: Beastie Boys; TV on the Radio; Fucked Up; Pentagram; Pollens; The Severed Limb; Dum Dum Girls; EMA (independent.co.uk)
- Dum Dum Girls Embrace Their NorCal Vibe — Top 100 Acts at SXSW 2011 (spinner.com)
- Interview: Mazes (donewaiting.com)
- Listen: Dum Dum Girls Perform New Song (pitchfork.com)